28 October 2010

Book Review Number 4: Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong



I was so glad to read this book.  And it's one that, one of these days, I'm going to own rather than have to borrow from the library.  Tales of the Otherworld, like Men of the Otherworld before it, is an anthology of short stories from the Armstrong's Otherworld series.  Many of these stories had previously shown up on her website as freebies for her fans to read.  She was often asked when she would be publishing them.  At first, she had no desire to do so, then decided that the only way she would would be if the profits would be for a charitable endeavor.  And, much to her surprise, her publisher (I believe) came to her and said, "Let's do this!"  And I'm so glad they did!

Along with a lot of the old favorites, there were a few stories I'd never had the chance to read, including one about how Eve and Kris got together and a story about Lucas and Paige, at the behest of Sean (their ward, Savannah's, half-brother), got involved in supposed chupacabra/vampire case.  And as much as I loved every single story in the anthology, my favorite is still "Wedding Bell Hell", the story of Paige and Lucas' wedding.  (Since I'll ALWAYS have a soft spot for them, being my first introduction to Armstrong's wonderful world.) 

If you're a fan of Armstrong's work (and even if you're not but love paranormal stories), I recommend you check this book out.  It's great for reading on the go, with lots of little surprises with each new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...