22 January 2011

Book Review Number 37: Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur



This is the latest book in Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series. As per usual, I have been jumping around the series rather than reading them in order, thanks to the fact that my library doesn't have all the books and I'm far too impulsive for my own good. Still, I know enough about the series that jumping in here isn't a problem.

Riley is in a world of trouble in this book. Not only does she have to deal with a set of revenge killings, but she has the head of the pack she grew up with after her for his own revenge. On top of this, she's dealing with the death of a friend, the loss of her Wolf Soulmate (at her own hand), and getting ready to create her own pack with her brother, his lover , her vampire lover and the babies that they will be having.

For all that I enjoyed this book, it felt like Keri Arthur tried to put too much into one book. For the first two-thirds of the book were well paced and very enjoyable. It was just when we got to the end, where Riley is getting ready to face the head of the pack, that things get rushed. And it made me feel slightly unsatisfied.

It also felt like the end of the series. I'm not sure if that's what Keri Arthur has in mind, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...