13 March 2011

Swap-Bot Saturday (On Sunday)

I've been trying to catch up on several of my swaps.  This week, I managed to get all but two of my past due swaps finished.  I sent out my Doodle-A-Day swap. I'm not a good artist, but I do have a tendency to doodle, so I put quite a few of my regular doodles in the daily boxes.  I forgot to take any pictures of the swaps that I did this week though.  I also got my e-mail pen pal swaps out. I haven't heard back from any of my partners, but since I still haven't updated the swaps that I've received, I can't complain too much.

I had a lot of fun writing my The End of the World is Coming!!! swap.  I put it as a bit of a mystery - I woke up one morning and everyone, as far as I could tell, was gone. Cars were still in the parking lot of my apartment complex, but no one was anywhere.  No one was even at the (open) Starbucks down the road.  It was just like everyone except me had disappeared.  I wrote to two friends in different areas of the world in the hopes that they were still alive.  It was a lot of fun to write.

I chose the topic of birthdays or age for my 15 quotes swap.  It's not a requirement of the swap to do it on a theme, but since I plan to keep being a part of it, I started choosing themes so I didn't repeat a lot of the time. I decided to do birthdays and age because of my birthday on Friday.  It seemed appropriate.  For those curious, this is one thing that I CAN repost.  Here are the quotes that I chose:



  • "The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything; the young know everything." Oscar Wilde
  • "A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age." Robert Frost
  • "Last week the candle factory burned down.  Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday." Stephen Wright
  • "Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come." Lucy Larcom
  • "The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune." Pope Paul VI
  • "There is still no cure for the common birthday." John Glenn
  • "The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity." Seneca quote
  • "Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives." Maurice Chevalier
  • "Its not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection." Voltaire
  • "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
  • "Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni
  • "I'm sixty years of age.  That's 16 Celsius." George Carlin
  • "Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened." Jennifer Yane
  • "Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time." Jean Paul Richter
  • "To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living." Henri Frederic Amiel
  • "When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened. It is sad to go to pieces like this but we all have to do this." Mark Twain
  • "Wisdom doesn't come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself." Tom Wilson"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." Anonymous"You're not 40.  You're eighteen with 22 years experience." Anonymous
  • "Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children." George Bernard Shaw


I'm now down to only 2 swaps that are past due - Journal Newbie (which I've gotten started) and What I'm Reading.  I've got the outside of the journal created, and that's one thing that I'm planning on getting pictures of because I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm just trying to figure out what to include inside the journal.  So far, I've started with an "about me" bit.  I'm also planning on putting in some of my favorite quotes, since my partner is also a lover of quotes.  If anyone has any other suggestions of things to put into it, I'd love to hear them.

I'm hoping to write the What I'm Reading today, though I won't be able to print it out.  Our black ink is out on the printer, so I won't be able to send it until Tuesday.  But if all I have to do is print it out, I can get it out quickly.

Most of what I have due this week are online swaps, which should be fairly easy for me to get out.    Two of the swaps are book related - 30 Books To Read Before You Die and 100 Readers Questionnaire Swap.  I'm looking forward to putting both of these together.  The 30 Books to Read Before You Die swap is due on Monday and the 100 Readers Questionnaire is due on Thursday.  I've got some St Patrick's Day e-cards to send out by Thursday as well, and I get to send some jokes to partners by Friday.  The only one that I need to mail out (aside from the ones that I'm behind on) is a church bulletin for the Year of Happy Mail swap.

I've also got a lot of swaps that I need to rate.  I feel so far behind on a lot, but I will get back on track.  This week may be a bit rougher, because the boys are out for spring break, but I'll find ways to get things done.  They love to play by themselves, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...