23 April 2011

Busy Day Ahead!

Things are starting to come together a bit more, thankfully.  As I posted the other day, things are starting to turn around a bit toward the positive.  Not that everything is all perfectly rosy - life doesn't work that way.  But I'm not looking up to see bottom right now, so I'm counting that as a success.

My next few days are going to be pretty busy, today in particular. Originally, it wasn't supposed to be this hectic today.  But that's what happens when plans get changed.

We've got our usual trip to the library this morning, with several books due and a few waiting to be picked up.  Normally, we don't worry about the time we get there - they're open from 9 to 5 on Saturdays and we don't have filled days so it's not a huge deal.  But this time, we are trying to get there closer to 9:30 or 10.  One of the local churches does a large community Easter Egg hunt every year.  Along with the Easter Egg hunt, they also have a lot of other games and fun, and it all happens at one of the local parks.  We've been going the last several years (it's put on by the church that we used to get Angel Food through) and the kids always have a blast.  They separate the kids into two groups, with the preschoolers doing their egg hunt at 11 or 11:30 and the school aged kids at noon (I think).  Since both the boys are preschool (for the last time... *sniff*), we need to be there for the earlier hunt.  I'm hoping to get plenty of pictures and video to later post here.

From there, we're driving to my Dad's for early Easter.  We had originally planned our family Easter celebration for tomorrow, but my Dad's back surgery got moved from Wednesday to Monday.  And since he won't really be eating much Sunday because of it, we changed the day for our celebration.  My step-brother and his family will be there as well, so it should be a lot of fun for the whole family.  It's been awhile since my boys have been able to play with their cousins, so they're really looking forward to it.

Part of me is tempted to stay at Dad's until 9, so I can commandeer his TV for watching Doctor Who.  But I don't think that's really going to happen.  We still have eggs to dye tonight, and the kids will be up early (if I know them) to find their Easter Baskets. (Which will need to be put together tonight as well.)

Tomorrow, Rich and Teddy will be going to church while Pete and I stay home and do... who knows what.  We don't have much planned beyond that for tomorrow.  It should be a nice, relaxing day.  I'm hoping to get some updates done here, and some of my swaps ready to go as well.  But Monday gets busy again, with an appointment with Rich's doctor at 9, Story Time at 10:30 and then up to the hospital so I can be there for my Dad's surgery.  He'll already have been in for a few hours by the time I get there - even though I'd planned on being there from the beginning - but it's several hours long so I don't expect he'll be out yet.  I just feel better being there.

So... yeah.  Life doesn't seem to slow down much.  But maybe that's for the best.