16 April 2011

I know that I should update, but...

... it's been one of those weeks.  On Wednesday, my husband called me from work to tell me that he was heading to the ER.  He'd had a routine surgery done the previous Friday and he started having complications from it that day.  I waited and worried most of the day - since I couldn't be there because the kids aren't allowed back in the ER.  I couldn't get in touch with him because his cell doesn't work in the hospital.  I had to wait for him to call me.  And it turned out they were keeping him overnight for observation.  The kids and I got stuff together for him once he got a room so we could visit with him.

It seemed like they'd taken care of the complication and he was released on Thursday night.  It was a long night for me, not having him beside me as I slept.  But I was glad he was coming home and, more importantly, well.  He took Thursday off of work to make sure he was 100% before going back to work on Friday.  Of course, his car was still at Vandy so the kids and I had to be up early to drive him to school.  It's been a long few days.

On top of that, I'm trying to finish up a few journals that need to be sent out for swaps.  I love writing in them, but I'm not as good with the "art journaling" portion of journaling.  So that's taken me a bit longer to get through. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed again, though I'm not sure why.  I've got long dates for most of these swaps.

Tomorrow I'm not going to be having my usual "me" time in the morning. I'm actually going to be going to church with Rich and the boys.  They're doing an Easter Egg hunt after the 10:30 mass and then we'll be going to a friend's party over at one of the local parks.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm gonna kind of miss my "me" time. Hopefully tomorrow night, I'll be able to get on here and have the brain with which to get some things updated.  Especially because I'm hoping to have some great shots for Silent Sunday.

So... I live.  I work and I've been lacking on the blog front.  But I'm hoping that next week will be better.  Especially since I'm several letters behind in the challenge and I have several books that I need to review. I have been getting a lot of that done, at least.  I've had a lot of away-from-the-computer down time.