28 June 2011

Random Thoughts, in Bullet Form

  • I hate, hate, HATE the feel of anything on my hands.  Flour from baking, juices from fruits... anything that sticks to my hands just bugs me.  So why did I just spend 30 minutes cutting up two mangos, five peaches and a pint of strawberries?  The parfaits and/or smoothies that I decide to make with them better be darned good.
  • I'm fighting the urge to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.  I ache through my shoulders and thighs.  Of course, this is because I'm exercising again.  And this is a good thing.  But I hate the feeling that a loaf of bread is too heavy to lift.
  • Speaking of exercise, I had to cut my cardio work-out short.  I was willing to push through the soreness of my arms and legs, knowing that it comes with the territory when you're: a) as woefully out of shape as I am and, b) working out for the first time in 2 months.  But when I started getting cramps in my feet that made standing in Warrior Pose (I was doing a yoga/pilates workout), I knew that I was DONE.  Tomorrow, I may go back to my regular pilates.  Or I may do my walking.  I'm not stopping, but I do need to figure out what's going to work.
  • I'm still trying to figure out what's for dinner.  My usual head cook (Rich) is on the mend, so the cooking is being left up to me.  There's one problem with this.  I hate cooking.  I love to bake (which is weird with the whole stuff-on-my-hands thing), but cooking just doesn't excite me.  I know we have several leftovers in the fridge.  Or I could make pasta and sauce.  What I really want to do, though, is order a pizza.  Not good for the diet or the finances.  It'll probably be pizza.
  • I really need to get my butt in gear and write up book reviews.  I have something like 30 of them that need to be written.  And I need to get them mailed out for the last swap that I'm participating in within the week.  Procrastination is my middle name.  But I've got to stop the procrastination.  It's only going to get worse.
  • I'm feeling vaguely dissatisfied with things right now.  Nothing I can put my finger on, but everything feels kind of off.  Most likely, it's due to my life being turned upside down and inside out and everything else.  I should really spend some time writing.  And planning. And figuring.  Procrastination has kept these things from happening as well.
  • Maybe I just need a nap. And Icy Hot on all my muscles. And a beer.  Definitely a beer.