05 August 2011

The List Challenge: Day 10

Again, if you'd like to see a list of the the daily challenges, including the ones I've already answered, take a look here.

Today, I give you a list of

The Soundtrack of My Life


 This is one of the first songs I learned to sing.  It reminds me of my childhood.

 I was a child of the 80s.  And this was one of my favorite songs.

 I graduated in 1992, and this song was very popular then.  My friend Becky and I used to yell "You're what?!! Tin roof. Rusted." at one another when we'd see each other across campus.

This was my signature song in High School. I sang it with my own flair. It's still one of my favorites to sing.

 This fits in two ways.  One, I was always looking for love.  Usually in the wrong places.  Two, when I was in college, a bunch of friends and I would sing this for karaoke.  It was all girls singing it, but who cared?  We had a lot of fun!

 I used to go to Rocky every weekend.  I knew the AP lines like the back of my hand.  I actually met two boyfriends at Rocky.  It still holds a special place in my heart.

 I've been a gamer since college.  We had a lot of really late nights where we would be rolling dice and taking names.  I don't game as late anymore, but I still love to grab my dice bag and start rolling.

 I spent 7 years with a guy that was no good for me.  At one point, he was talking about moving to California and moving me out there with him.  Like every other promise, nothing came of it.  This became my anthem at that time of my life.

 I met Rich and he really did Blind Me with Science.  And gaming. And love.

 This was our first dance song.  I sang it to Rich as we danced.  No one else existed.

 I had this song playing when I was in labor with Teddy.  Rich and I have adopted it as our song.  One of these days, I'm going to get a recording of myself singing it.