15 June 2012

I Promise, It Wasn't You

It's been awhile.  Yeah, I know.  I'm really bad about keeping in touch.  I have all these intentions of stopping in and saying hi, of seeing how you're doing and letting you know what's going on in my life, but things have been really hectic here.

Some of it is the depression.  It saps my energy to do anything productive, even the things I enjoy (like talking to you).  And part of the depression was my own fault.  I ran out of my zoloft and didn't get it refilled for a month or so.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  I need it to keep me sane.  But the hard part is making contact to get the script called in again.  Catch 22, really.  I need it to give me the courage to make the phone call necessary, but until I make that call, I don't have it.  I had a doctor's appointment earlier this week and managed to get my script called in then.  So that's to the better.

Some of it is just general busyness.  First there was trying to get the apartment in shape for inspection for our lease.  That caused both stress and being busy.  Then there was all the end of the school-year things for Teddy - trips to the zoo and the nature park, visits to his classroom for awards days.  I really enjoyed all of it (since his class is a great group of kids), but it cut into my time.

The last couple of weeks have been getting prepared/going on trips.  A few weeks ago, we went to my Dad's for his birthday.  It was a fantastic time, but there's always getting things together before and after.  This weekend, we're going up to Dad's again, this time for Rich's birthday and Father's Day.  Again, it should be great, but packing is time consuming... especially with my swiss-cheese brain.  And next Friday, we'll be taking a trip to visit our families in New Jersey and New York.  We're going to be gone for two weeks, and we're driving up, so that's a lot more that needs to be gathered together.  We'll be going to the Jersey shore for one week, a stop overnight at my heart-sister's, a few days with my family in NY, and back to the Philly area for a few days to spend time with Rich and his family.  It should be relaxing.  I just wish the time was here now, you know?

So really, it wasn't because I didn't want to be in touch.  Really.  I love chatting with you, hearing what you have to say, finding out more about you.  But life seems to get in the way.  I'm hoping that once I get back from our vacation, I'll be able to sit down and chat more.  I've got so many books to talk about over at Views from the Reader Side and so many pictures I want to share of the boys and life in general.  I want to get back in touch with you, to be close again.  I hope you understand, and I hope you'll still be here when I come back.