13 July 2012

I should write up my vacation, but I'd rather share a few pictures - Ocean City Edition

I'm having a hard time getting into the writing mindset of vacation - a combination of negative things happening (almost all during the travel portion) and being daunted by writing about 2 weeks worth of fun.  So instead, I'll share some of my favorite shots with brief captions from the vacation.  Maybe it'll get me back into the mindset that I need to be in for it.




Pete and my niece, Layla, just loved playing in the sand.  They were a couple of sandworms.




Pete even came away with a sand-beard!  It amazes me the places that sand can end up on children.





This is one of my favorites of Teddy.  He and Rich had been walking to the bathroom and the sand was hot on Teddy's feet so he wore Daddy's flip-flops.  While walking back, he told him, "Daddy, it's really hard to walk in your shoes."  Truer words were never spoken.



 The four of us, enjoying some family time on the boardwalk!


The three kids (my two and my niece) had a great time on the rides at Gillian's Wonderland Pier.  This was one of the (few) rides that all three kids enjoyed, what with Teddy being too old for kiddie rides. ;)




This, of course, was another ride they all enjoyed.  Teddy being the driver of the two younger kids just tickled me to no end.






One of the "musts" for any Shore trip is a stop at Kohr Bros Frozen Custard.  As you can tell, Pete really enjoyed his chocolate cone.






We had a lot of wind while we were at the Shore, so Teddy decided to wear his sweatshirt.  I thought it was a cute look.





 Rich taught the boys how to make drip castles.  I'd never made them before, but I thought they were really neat.  I may need to buy sand so we can make some on the back porch.



Pete and Layla were thick as thieves the whole vacation.  To the point that Pete got really upset when he had to leave her so we could travel home.




We took an early morning walk to Ove's for apple cider donuts. Teddy and Rich were far ahead of us and I thought this was a wonderful picture of the two of them.





I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law took this picture of her daughter on my camera.  She's such a beautiful little girl and this picture completely captures her.



Another great picture of Layla and Pete.  She was leading him around the house.  She was really the leader of the two of them.




Rich, the boys, Pop and I went miniature golfing.  Of course, the boys needed a bit of help.  This was a common sight through out our game - Pop helping one of the boys or the other with their golf swing.





Doesn't he look like he's plotting something?  He'd just finished telling me, "No pictures, Mommy!"




Teddy was upset about something and had let his glasses fall down under his chin.  But the way his hat and glasses were, I thought it looked cute - almost like he had his head down instead of looking forward.








The morning we left Ocean City, one last pic of the kids.