01 October 2012

Monday Quiz About Me

Acting Balanced

It's time for me to, once again, join in the Monday Quiz About Me from Acting Balanced and one of my new favorite blogs, Touristic.  Here are the rules, ganked directly from Wayne's page:

Here are FOUR QUESTIONS that everyone can answer and then you have the option to add a fifth question of your own for those who are visiting your blog to answer in the comment section, along with commenting on the four standard questions you answered! Grab the badge for your post if you like:

Get ready to learn just a little more about me!


1. What is your favorite Autumn color? I love the deep red that some of the leaves become.  It feels so rich to me.

2. If you could go back and change something about your high school days what would it be? As a general rule, I don't like to think about going back to change things because it would change who I am now.  Even the bad things (like being teased about so much my freshman year before I moved to Florida to live with my dad) have taught me things.  But if I HAD to go back, I would probably join a few more clubs or do a few more activities.  I was a big part of my choral department, but that was about it.  When I was in middle school, I'd been part of my marching band's color guard and loved it.  I was too shy to try out when I got to Florida, so it became a small regret.

3. Name something that you tried because you thought you'd like it, but in reality didn't meet your expectations This is a difficult one for me.  I'm trying to think of something and nothing is coming to me - not food, not TV shows, not music, not movies.  Not even any books that I was really expecting to like.  The closest I can come is the new show, The Mob Doctor.  The premise sounded really interesting to me, but when I watched the pilot episode, I just couldn't get into it.

4. Do you have a favorite "Monday" song? "I Don't Like Mondays" by Tori Amos.


I haven't actually heard the Boomtown Rats' original of this song, but Tori's is so haunting.  But then again, I love everything that Tori has ever done.  Her covers always bring something new to the song (and if you haven't heard Strange Little Girls, her album of nothing but covers, check it out.  Brilliance.)

5. This weekend, I watched the Ponds' farewell on Doctor Who.  Have you ever had a good-bye for a fictional character affect you deeply?  If so, what?

Well, of course the Ponds' good-bye devastated me.  I knew it was coming, but that didn't make it any less heart wrenching for me.  I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.  In part, I think, because there were so many twists that we didn't expect.

For those who don't mind spoilers, or who want to watch it again, here's the last ten minutes of the show:



But if I had to choose another, it would be Wash's death in Serenity.  This one, I never saw coming:



Oh, and I can't forget Ianto's death in Torchwood:




And, of course, there was the death of Sirius in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  I stayed up until 2am to read this book the day it came out (which also happened to be the day of my bridal shower) and woke Rich up sobbing.  He held me until all the tears came out.  Which seemed like it was forever.

Yeah.  death scenes as good-byes.  They seem to be the big ones for me, aren't they?  But I do love a good cry.  It's very cathartic.