20 January 2013

Daily Challenge - Day 8

Today, I challenged myself to

Create a Meal Plan for the Upcoming Week

This was a bit tough for me for a couple reasons.One, I'm not usually the one to do the cooking.  I hate to coke with a passion and my husband is usually the one to step up and cook.  (Partly because he loves cooking.)  The other part is that this month is really tight for cash.  I mean, really tight for cash.  We don't have a lot of meat in the freezer or a lot of veggies in either the freezer or the pantry.  So I had to try to be creative. 

I sat down with my husband this morning and started talking out menu ideas.  We're lucky that we do have a bit in the way of leftovers that can be made into a new meal, so that's helping some.  Plus, he had just pulled out three pounds of ground turkey to thaw.  Three pounds of ground turkey will help with a couple meals.

We're going to try to stick to this plan each day, with me cooking more of the meals because Rich is tutoring a lot this week.  Wish me luck, because I hate cooking!

Anyway, this is the meal plan we've set up for this week:

Monday
Tacos
Black beans and rice

Tuesday
Chicken and veggie Casserole

Wednesday
Pasta & Sauce
Keilbasa
Garlic Bread

Thursday
Sloppy Joes
Homemade fries

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Lentil Soup
Butter Bread

Sunday
Shake-n-bake pork chops
Broccoli

Not the most exciting dinners, but I'm hoping that at the end of the month, when we're a little more flush with cash, I can do a bit better with menu planning.

Tonight, Rich is making Pasta e Ceci for dinner, along with crusty bread.  It's gonna be yummy!  I love his Pasta e Ceci!

Tomorrow's challenge may sound a bit boring, but I have a feeling that many of you probably have a bunch of these to do as well.  Because tomorrow's challenge is:

Match Up the Single Socks

They've been sitting around for far too long and something needs to be done.  I'm planning on taking pictures so, a) there'll be more than "I matched up all my single socks" (and doesn't that sound weird, like I'm trying to find my socks dates or something) for my Daily Challenge post, and b) so y'all can see just how weird I am!

Gratuitous Random Picture of Me.