28 January 2013

Monday's Music Moves Me - Elemental Girl (And Spotlight Dancer!)

Sorry for the late entry today.  I've been trying to get housework done before computer work, because I have a tendency to lose myself in the internet if I do it the other way around.  But now that I've got the housework from my To Do list finished, I'm able to focus on the fun stuff that I want to do do.

So, here I am for this week's

Photobucket

And I'm pretty excited about it this week, not just because I love sharing some of my favorite music with y'all, but also because I've been made today's Spotlight Dancer!  I'm really proud to be spotlighted like this, and I hope that anyone that decides to stop by because of it will decide to stick around for awhile.  I haven't been part of Monday's Music Moves Me for long, but I've had fun every week adding my favorite music to that week's topic.

This week, we're talking about the elements.  Songs involving fire, water, earth and air.  I've seen a lot of people use rain related songs and, I'll admit, when I started making my list, a lot of mine were rain related songs.  But I love a challenge, so I'm going to add a few songs that hit some of the other elements.

First, of course, I'm going to start with the first song that comes to mind when I hear the word "elements".  It may not be technically the four "classics", but it does help make them up.



Anyone that has watched what I share knows that I like a wide variety of music. One of my favorites is Tori Amos. Her music is both familiar and different with each album, and that's what I love about her. I tried to see what other music of hers that I could find to fit the theme, but the closest I was able to come was this: "Little Earthquakes".



This is one that some may consider a bit of a cheat, but hey, it's my list of music, so I'm adding it! I love a capella groups, and one of the best to (re)emerge on the world scene in the last several years is Straight No Chaser. This is a medley of Earth, Wind and Fire songs that they've done at some of their shows.



I love this song. It's one that I think everyone who is trying to do the best for themselves should adopt as a theme song. Just hearing it brings tears tears to my eyes and watching the video - full blown tears. The quality of the video isn't the best, but it was the only copy I could find on YouTube. And it's important for everyone to remember that "life is not tried, it's just merely survived if you're standing outside the fire".



I had to have one water song, and yes, it's rain related. When most people think of the movie Beaches, the song they think of is "Wind Beneath My Wings". My favorite, however, is this song. "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today". This version is sung by Bette Midler during a visit to the Johnny Carson Show.




Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...


Spotlight Dancers