19 March 2011

The List Challenge: Day 6


Today's question for Rachel's List Challenge (for me, anyway, since she's already finished it.)

6. Your Favorite Things - what brings you joy?

I'm actually going to leave my family, cat and friends out of this.  They're givens when it comes to being my favorite things.  So here are the non-living things that make me happy.

  • Books - Books are my regular way to travel.  They take me to far off places.  Places real and places fantastic, with people that I love and people that I hate.  They are often what keeps me sane.
  • Writing - I don't write professionally.  I don't think I have the chops for it.  But I do like to write for my role playing games and writing here on Sanity's Overrated.  I love to do writing journals and sharing with others.
  • Ice Cream - Ice cream just makes me happy.  It's definitely my favorite food.  Sadly, I'm out at the moment.  But I think I'll be picking some up tomorrow.
  • Music - I used to sing a lot when I was younger.  At one time, I wanted to be a Broadway singer, but, for all that my voice isn't bad, I don't think if I was ever Broadway able.  But I haven't lost my love of music.  I don't think I could.  My boys and I listen to music in the car (usually their music rather than mine) and I'll often put Pandora on when I'm working online.  (At the moment, though, it's an audio book.)
  • Office supplies - I'm an addict.  I love to buy notebooks, pens, new kinds of tacks and clips. Anything that can be used in office is something that brings me unusual amounts of joy.
  • Bubble Baths with candles, an audio book and a glass of wine - This is, in my mind, the best way to relax.  I love relaxing in a bunch of heat while "travelling" and not having to worry about getting a book wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...