12 April 2011

Bites of my life

I finally got a couple chairs and a small table for on my front porch.  I'd been wanting one for awhile, and now with the weather nicer and the hopes of getting the boys outside more regularly, it seemed like the perfect time for it.  I can sit and read a book, work on the computer, do some writing... lots of different options while enjoying the sun and light breeze.  I can't wait to try it out.





While we were in Target picking out the (very inexpensive) chairs and table for our front porch, we walked through the media area.  Oh, how I wished I had a lot of money!  They are having a lot of sales on various TV shows and movies that seem like fantastic deals to me.  We did end up picking up one DVD - Murder on the Orient Express with David Suchet as Poirot.  I hadn't realized that he had actually made Murder on the Orient Express, so it was a real thrill.  As much as I've enjoyed the Ustinov versions I've seen, Suchet is the definitive Poirot to me.  We've been watching it tonight and... I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this particular version.  It's got several departures from Agatha Christie's original story and I just can't reconcile them in my mind.  I think I need a few more viewings to figure it out.

The extras on the DVD have been excellent, though.  David Suchet is doing a special on traveling on the Orient Express.  He's actually taking the Orient Express himself and I'm really enjoying this part of it a lot.





The other day, Teddy had me chuckling.  He asked me if I was a veterinarian.  When I asked him if he knew what a veterinarian was, he told me that it could be two different things.  Either it was someone who worked with animals or it was someone that didn't eat meat.  I then got to explain the difference between a veterinarian and a vegetarian.  Sometimes I forget that he's still young enough to make these mistakes.  I find them endearing.





Pete is talking more and more clearly every day.  Today, when we were at the eye doctor's picking out Teddy's new glasses (and I'll be getting pictures of him with his old glasses and then him with his new glasses to put up), we were waiting for the girl at the desk to enter our info into the computer system.  While we were waiting, Teddy started talking to another boy that was there.  And Peter piped up with, "My name ith Pe-ah." Just like I forget that Teddy is as young as he is,I often forget how old Peter is.  I hear him talk every day and it still surprises me.





I'm thinking about trying to pre-write more of my entries.  I'd never really thought about doing so before, but I think it'll be the best way to take advantage of some of the thoughts in my head that fit with certain weekly times (or, with the A to Z challenge, with certain letters).  How many of my readers set up posts to post later?Does it work for you?  If so, how many of your posts do you write for later posting?  And why do you chose to set up posts in this way?  For those of you who don't, have you ever considered doing so?  Why have you made the choices that you've made when it comes to your posts?  I'm just curious.





And now that it's 11:30, I should head to bed.  Kids have PDO tomorrow and I've got to get them in the tub in the morning, plus make their breakfasts and lunches for the day and make sure I'm ready for some walking. And I'm probably going to do a little reading before bed.  See if I can finish at least one of the books that I'm almost finished with yet. Gotta get some reading in or my day isn't complete.

Good night, dear friends!