14 November 2010

Bibs and Bobs of My Life Lately

Things on Planet Amber have been a bit busy.  I've been working hard on getting several swaps together, reading quite a bit and keeping busy with a few other things as well.  I'm hoping to have time to update my blog here in the next few days. I've got three books reviews coming - Blood Lite, ed. by Kevin J Anderson and volumes 1 and 2 of DC: The New Frontier.  I may have a few more by the time I write the reviews.  I'm currently in the middle of reading Birds of Prey (the comic) and The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Plus about 3 other books that I have out from the library and a couple I bought at the library book sale yesterday.

For swapping, I'm almost finished with my geeky squash book.  I'll take pictures and post them.  I'm hoping to have it finished and out the door by Tuesday.  I'm doing a 30 day journal swap, which has been interesting to write.  I haven't started the David Tennant ATCs, but I'm hoping to work on that after I get the Squash Book out.  I've had a lot of e-mail swaps going as well.  Quite a few are of the survey variety, but I have a few that are a bit more creative.  Also, keep an eye out here for reviews of other blogs for another swap that I'm part of (Blog my Blog) and the week 3 prompt for the November Challenge is up, so that will be coming out soon too.  I'm really having a blast with Swap-Bot, though I probably should slow down a bit.  I've been signed up for 20 swaps with several on my watch list pretty consistently.

I participated in a line of Random Act of Kindness on Friday, which made my heart feel good.  I'd stopped at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Frappachino and there was a bit of a line.  When I finally got to the window, I was told that the woman ahead of me had paid for my drink.  When I asked why she would have done that, I was told it had started several cars ahead of us when someone felt guilty about holding up the line.  So each one paid for the person behind them.  I couldn't break the cycle, so I paid for the person behind me as well.  I'd considering doing something like that before... just randomly pay for the drink of a person behind me in a drive through.  It was nice to be part of it, even if I didn't start it.

Today I'm going up to my dad's for my niece's birthday.  She'll be 10.  I suspect I'm going to be doing a lot of resting while I'm there.  I've overdone it the last several days.  Yesterday, we went to the library, the book sale and shopping. While we were on our way back to the van, my back started to spasm and I looked like a little old woman walking across the parking lot.  It wasn't quite as bad as right before the surgery, but it was worse than it's been in awhile.  When I'm lying down, it doesn't hurt as bad, so I've been lying down a lot lately.  Luckily, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I'll be bringing this up.

This week, I'm going to have a chance to bake. The boys' have their Thanksgiving luncheon at PDO on Friday.  I'm really looking forward to eating with them. It should be a good time.  The rest of the week is going to be cleaning, crafting and writing... I hope.

So that's the bibs and bobs.  Hopefully, I'll have some interesting things to post in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...