08 February 2022

LJ Idol - A Black Rainbow Isn't Devoid of Color (Week 1 Prompt)


On the best days, the colors of my personal rainbow are bright and vibrant.  You can see the red slip into the orange, which slips into the yellow, and so I.  Each color isn't individually defined, but slide together to make a beautiful sight.  These are the days when nothing can stop me as I slip from one moment to the next, each building to show the beauty of my day.


On a typical day, the colors of my rainbow can still be bright, but they don't mesh together.  Instead, like a child's painting, each color is defined, separate from it's neighbor.  Each moment stops me, holds me in place before allowing me to move to the next moment.  Those are the days that don't go as planned, where it's a little harder to make my way through when something changes.  But at the end of the day, the rainbow is still bright, if not perfect.


On the worst days, my rainbow has gone through a filter.  It's composition is the same as a best or typical day, but instead of seeing the greens, blues and purples pop at the bottom of the rainbow, they are shades of black and gray.  Sometimes, like the best days, the black and grays slip from one to another, able to tell the subtle difference in shades of gray.  Others, you can see the separation of each shade of gray, though the line between them isn't as striking as a typical day.  But whether gray or blue, black or red, white or yellow, each still unique and separate from their fellows.


The important thing isn't what kind of rainbow a day brings.  The important thing is that each day has a rainbow with it's own special blend of coloring.



6 comments:

  1. THis is encouraging and true! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So upbeat and with a photo illustration! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you could say it's all about the diversity of experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about all of us having a special blend of coloring in our rainbows. Thank you for sharing this piece with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the prompt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last line of this a lot! It works really well for the prompt

    ReplyDelete

Joining in the insanity...