22 January 2011

Book Review Number 35: Teen Titans #1: A Kid's Game




This one of the latest (if not the latest) reboot of the Teen Titans.  Some of the Titans of old, like Cyborg, Starfire and Beast Boy, are acting as mentors for the newest bunch of teen aged heroes.  This book is about both getting the kids involved in the Titans (with some, against their parents or mentors better judgment) and dealing with their first major villain as a team.  For all that it's an intro story, there's still a fair amount of character development. 

I enjoyed reading this because I'm still not as familiar with the Teen Titans as I'd like to be.  As I believe I've mentioned before, I'm much more familiar with the Teen Titans of the TV show.  But they aren't the first or the last, and seeing what else is out there is part of the fun.  Other than Cy, Starfire and Beast Boy, or some of the others coming in for one shot bits, I only recognized a few of the characters and those from the later Teen Titans graphic novel that I'd read.  But starting at the beginning helped me get a feeling for the characters.  It's a great place to start if the newer Teen Titans are something you'd be interested in getting into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...