10 March 2011

Thankful Thursday

Originally, I'd planned on Thursdays being "Thoughtful Thursdays", but considering yesterday's somewhat thoughtful post and the fact that I'm pretty thankful about a few things today, I think "Thankful Thursdays" might be a better way to go.  Plus, it may help with my depression.

Today, I have a lot of things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for a husband that is willing to work extra so I can be home with the boys.  We don't get to have the amount of time together that either of us would like, but it makes it even better when we do have our family time.

I'm thankful for two kids that know how to make me laugh, even when they frustrate me beyond belief.  They usually make me laugh when they aren't trying to, but that makes it all the better.

I'm thankful for my bursts of motivation that allow me to get a lot done.  Today, I had a large burst of that motivation and I managed to clean my living room and my dining room. It's not perfect, but I'm ok with not perfect today.

I'm thankful for friends that are there for you.  Today, my friend Becca came over to watch my boys while I went to my therapy appointment.  Then our two families went to McDonald's for the kids to play for awhile.  Then she invited me over for dinner since tonight is Rich's late night with teaching. I'm still at her house and she's letting me on her computer so I can get a few things done. She's a wonderful friend that I'm lucky to have.

I'm thankful for medication and therapy that help keep me sane. I still have moments of depression, but they are far fewer than they'd been before.  Even though I'm going to be losing my therapist (who I love a lot) because she's leaving the group that I go through, I'm sure I'll find someone else to keep me where I need to be.  And I get to see my therapist one last time before she leaves.

I'm thankful that I've made it, pretty successfully, through 37 years.  It's a great feeling, knowing how many obstacles I've overcome in my life.

There's a lot for me to be thankful for today.  And thankful is what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...