07 May 2011

Updates on Life, The Universe and Everything

Life is still continuing to get more and more frustrating.  Things (that I still can't talk about yet) are progressing in directions we'd rather not have them go and I'm just trying to hold on for dear life.  I'm still feeling a bit tossed and turned, but I'm slowly getting a better handle on things.  It's not perfect, but hey... what in life is?

I've realized recently just how much I've missed blogging.  I miss that interaction, that letting things out, that blogging gave me.  I don't know if I'm ready yet to come fully back from hiatus - I still have way too many things to get caught up with before I feel comfortable un-hiatusing (is that even a word?  Probably not), but I know that I have been missing it.  So I may do a bit more hit and miss posting rather than my regular features.  It'll be keeping my hand in.

We finally got our camera back a couple weeks ago (after it unceremoniously decided to take a swim in the washing machine).  I've been taking quite a few pictures lately because of it and I'm pretty proud of some of them.  It's funny, though.  We went from not having any cameras that we could lay our hands on having three. Yep.  Three.  We have the new one that took a swim and then was able to be fixed, the old one that decided to lay low in a seat pocket in the van, and Teddy's new camera that he won at the Easter Egg Hunt.  The only one that's been getting any use has been the Failed Swimmer, but I suspect the other two will be moved into rotation quickly.

I haven't been doing as well keeping up with SparkPeople as I'd like.  Heck, I haven't been as good about keeping up with ANYTHING as I'd like.  Though I am getting caught up on swaps, so that's one good thing.  I've really got to find a method that works for me.  I have my Weekly Chore calendar, and that helps with the chores but actually fitting everything into my schedule for the day... that's where things get rough.  I hate the thought of actually writing a schedule.  Especially since things get FUBARed on a regular basis when I make specific plans.  But I don't know what other choices I have.  If anyone has some great organizational ideas, I'm willing to listen!

I've been up visiting my Dad fairly regularly at the hospital.  He's doing fairly well, and for that, I'm glad.  He's on the rehab floor, which means they're doing everything in their power to get him back up and independent.  He still has some good days and some bad days, but that's to be expected in the early days.  I loaned him our netbook so he can get online while he's there.  He has an Android, but the smaller screen doesn't seem to be working as well for him.  The netbook is still small, but not nearly as small as his phone.  I keep wanting to do more for him, but I don't know what else I could do.  Daughter guilt, I guess.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a great day for me, according to Rich and the boys.  Teddy's been looking forward to Mother's Day for about a month, because he wants to spoil me a bit.  I love my boys!  From what I've been told, I'll be allowed to sleep in as late as I want.  I don't have to do anything if I don't want to.  I'll be having eggs benedict for breakfast (my favorite breakfast).  I'll be having bacon wrapped filets and bay scallops for dinner (which have been in our freezer for a bit, thanks to manager's specials at Kroger).  I'll get to watch Doctor Who and listen to The 39 Clues all day if I want.  It really is going to be my day.  And I'm kind of looking forward to it.  Because I'm going to let everything else go.  All the worries, all the fears, all the frustrations.  Just... poof.  For one day, I'm going to pretend that the world is shiny and bright rather than a little cloudy.

I've got a busy week ahead, but that's par for the course.  The day I'm looking forward to more than any other, though, is Friday.  Teddy will be graduating from PDO.  They've got a ceremony and we get to take pictures... and it's going to really sink in a little further that my baby is starting kindergarten in the fall.  I picked up a graduation card and a neat frame for him.  I'm planning on getting one of the pictures of him in his cap and gown printed and I'll put the frame up in his room.  I know he's pretty excited about it.  I think we all are.

I've got a couple more posts that I want to share tonight, so I'm off to get those posted.  Keep an eye out for Recent Geekery and Recent Photos, coming soon to a Sanity's Overrated near you.  (Though, honestly, it's almost midnight so I should be getting to bed.  But at least I can sleep in tomorrow!)