10 December 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Foods


This week's Listicles topic is 10 foods.  You can spin it any way that you like.  Me, I'm choosing to go with ten foods I've made.  That way, I can be sure to share pictures with you. :)

1. Baked Breaded Ravioli.  I found the recipe on Pintrest and knew I had to try it.  It came out great, too.  Next time, though, I need to make more.










2. Fundamiddles Cupckaes.  Ok, they weren't made completely from scratch but rather from the mix that I had sitting on my shelf.  But they came out wonderfully and they made great snacks for Pete's classes at PDO for his birthday.





3. Last Christmas, we decided to make a tortiere for Christmas morning.  Rich did the filling but I did the top.  I had dough left over so I figured I'd get creative.  And it came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.






Well.... it looks like I don't have as many pictures of the foods that I've made as I thought I did.  So the rest will just have to be pictureless.

4. .  Crock-pot lasagna.  This is an old favorite of mine, one that I came up with one day when I was trying to figure out what to make in my crock-pot.  I find it a lot easier than traditional oven-baked lasagna, and I usually make my own sauce to go with it.  it's something that's raved about fairly regularly.

5. Corn souffle.  I got this recipe from my step-mom, who got it, I believe, from my aunt.  It's made with creamed corn, egg, cornbread and sour cream.  Seeing the cornbread in it, my step-mom thought it would be something you'd cut like bread to eat.  Instead, it's something that you scoop with a spoon.  It's also a family favorite that I bring to many gatherings.

6. Snickerdoodles. These are far and away my favorite cookies to make.  I just love the mix of cinnamon and sugar on top.  And they're fairly easy to make as well.

7. Pumpkin Cake - This is another recipe that I am often asked to bring to holiday dinners.  I usually make it a two layer cake with cream cheese frosting in the center.  And it usually disappears before the guests all leave.

8.  Banana Bread.  We have a habit of letting bananas go uneaten in my house, which means I (semi-regularly) get to make banana bread out of it.  I usually go with the nutsless variety, because Rich isn't too big on them, but I enjoy it both ways.

9. Night Night Cookies - This is another recipe I got from my step-mom.  I still remember making them with her when I was in high school, having them ready to go in the morning.  I also remember a debacle when I tried to make them on my own the first time and didn't beat it long enough.  Instead of being dollops of cookie, it was a flat, yucky mess.  I've learned my lesson since then.

10. Grilled cheese sandwiches.  Yes, it's simple.  But I love to watch the bread brown on the skillet while the cheese gets nice and gooey inside.  It's one of my comfort foods, though I don't make it as often as I used to.