21 January 2013

Monday's Music Moves Me - Freebie Week!


Photobucket

This week is "Freebie Week" at Monday's Music Moves Me. So I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from my Geekery Mix. If you'd like to listen to the whole list on YouTube, you can find it here.


I'm a huge gamer. I've been gaming since a friend introduced me in college. And the words in this parody song are EXACTLY what it was like back in those days. I still game, but no more of the late nights.



This is another parody song. My husband is a scientist (though he's gotten out of laboratory science and is working in a related field) and I was with him through trying to get his doctorate and his post-doc years. Yeah, we had some days like this!



Another great bit of Old School Gaming Geekery. I will wander around my house, finding myself humming this.



As I've mentioned before, I'm a comics geek. And I have loved Neil Patrick Harris since his Doogie Howser days. (And does that man have a VOICE on him!) When I found out there was a musical episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold and that NPH was the villain, I had to have it. This is one of my favorite songs from the ep.



BabelColour is the best when it comes to putting the perfect Doctor Who moments to music. I had never heard the song "What About Everything" before I saw this video. I've come to love not only the video (with BabelColour's perfection once again), but the song as well. It's one I'll put on when I'm in a reflective mood.



Finally, this isn't a song. It's an episode. But it my absolute favorite Children in Need episode. Doctor Who fans will understand. Those who aren't as familiar with it might not.