14 January 2013

Music Moves Me Meme


Photobucket

This is one of those memes that I keep looking at through various other blogs and think, "I'm going to start this meme today!" and then blank completely on what to link up.  But everyone's got to start somewhere.  And, with my love of music, it's something I should have jumped into earlier.

But I'm here now and that's what counts!  This week, we're linking up songs that get you moving - ones that you put on when you're exercising or cleaning to get you into the groove.  Wayne at Touristic linked up one of my favorites - "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.  If you'd like to see it, just click on the link above.

So... exercise and cleaning music.  I've got a mix on Pandora that I listen to when I'm in the mood to clean or work-out.  Some really high energy songs show up there that help me zone out and get done what I need to.


This is one of my favorite songs by Heather Dale. It's such a great, bouncy song that gets me moving whenever I hear it.


I'm a huge fan of Dropkick Murphys. While there are other songs that I enjoy more (like "Wild Rover"), there are few that get me moving like "The Spicy McHaggis Jig".


I grew up country, so I've got to have a good country song involved when I'm moving. "Sin Wagon" by the Dixie Chicks just rocks!


I'm closing out today with another of my favorites - Barenaked Ladies' "One Week". I always find myself bopping while I'm working whenever this comes on.