So many books, so little time.
This is what happens to me every Saturday. I go to the library. I tell myself I'm not going to get a lot of books out. After all, look how many I had to return unread! And I've got my 12 books for the TBR Challenge that I still need to read. So no new books!
Well.... I've got to take out the ones that were waiting for me. After all, the wait list was huge when I got on it after all. And this graphic novel.... it won't take me long to read. It'll be good for those quick evening reads and help me keep my reading count up. And I really do need to get out this exercise DVD. Wait! There are the playaways. That will help me read AND clean at the same time! I should also look for another organizi....
No. Nononono. I've got to cut off somewhere. That's enough.
What I ended up coming home with today was:
- Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - I'd listened to the audio book, but I wanted my husband to read it and I want to give it another go for review purposes.
- Have a New You by Friday: How to Accept Yourself, Boost Your Confidence & Change Your Life in 5 Days by Dr. Kevin Leman - My physical therapist said she was reading Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 Days and suggested I might want to take a look at it because of my problems with Peter. While I was looking at it, I decided to check out the rest of the series as well - at least, the ones that fit for my life.
- Awakening to Zen: The Teachings of Roshi Philip Kapleau by Roshi Philip Kapleau - I heard an NPR Fresh Air story regarding Zen Buddhism and I wanted to learn more, so I'd requested it.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - This is the playaway I got. I've been wanting to read this one for awhile, but it's one that had to go back too quickly. Audio book to my rescue!
- Marvel Mythos (v. 1) by Paul Jenkins, Illustrated by Paolo Rivera - Graphic novel. Quick read. I hope. Though I know me. It means I'm going to have to request the rest of the books in the Mythos series.
- Pilates Weight Loss Workout for Dummies - Still need low impact, so I'm hoping this will work. And that my husband will workout with me to it.
And I'm not even getting into the other books that I still have out, calling my name. What I really need is a month long vacation where nothing is expected of me beyond reading. That would be nice.