29 September 2010

Back into the swing of things

Yeah, this blog hasn't gotten as much posting as I was hoping it would.  Life got busy.  But I've actually got journaling time scheduled for part of my nightly routine.  So... here's hoping that things will be back to normal.

I've been trying to make a lot of changes to my life lately.  Physically, emotionally, spiritually... I'm finding that I haven't been happy with myself for awhile and that needs to change.  So, things are changing.

First is the physical changes.  I rejoined SparkPeople.com and I'm part of a family weight loss challenge.  I fell off the wagon for a little while as I was trying to get some other things together, but I'm jumping back in with both feet today.  I managed to work out for an hour - 15 minutes of dance, 20 minutes of yoga and 25 minutes of strength training.  I bought a lot of fruit, veggies and nuts to take care of my snacky times.  I have started looking in SparkRecipes for things to make, rather than relying on my own ability to create healthy options.

Secondly, I'm jumping back into FlyLady.  Rick and I got the house incredibly cleaned for my in-laws coming for Pete's birthday, so I've got a good place to start.  And I'm determined to keep up with it.  A little bit every day and I'll be able to keep up with it.

Thirdly, I'm working on organization.  I currently have two calendars - one is fully for my FlyLady stuff and the other is a Google Calendar that covers pretty much everything.  The Google Calendar is mainly because it can send me reminders of the things that I need to do.  Between looking at it and my iGoogle page, I'm in pretty good shape.  Come January, I have a family calendar to put up and that will keep everyone's appointments.  It shouldn't be long to keep them all updated, particularly if I do my FlyLady on Sunday when the FlyLady e-mail comes out.  I'm trying to keep up with a routine - certain things I get done on certain days, certain things that are done every evening and every day.  Because I know that if I don't have to think about too many things, I won't get overwhelmed.

Fourthly, I'm trying to get back into some of the things I enjoy.  I'm reading more regularly again (and taking out audio books to listen to during my workouts).  I've rejoined SwapBot to get myself back into crafting and/or writing.  I've got this blog and my LJ that I want to try to keep up regularly.  They are the things that I need to help remind me that me time is ok.

And finally, I'm trying to figure out my spirituality.  I've described myself for years as agnostic.  I believe in Magic, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my every day life.  I want to codify my beliefs so that when the boys start asking me what I believe, I'll be able to tell them without stumbling or trying to figure it out myself.  And I'm trying to get Rich and the boys to start going to Church on Sundays.  I may join them as part of trying to figure out my beliefs.  I don't agree with all of Christianity, but I don't see why I couldn't take from them the things that I believe and leave behind those I don't.  (Ok, so the Catholics might not like it that much, but you know... I'm not there for the Catholic Church.  I'm there for me.)

There are a lot of changes I want to make in the coming years.  And I will make them.  Because the older I get, the more I realize that I'm the only one who can make me the person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...