30 September 2010

Not the Day I was Hoping For

Last night, I had grand plans for today.  Get up and start FLYing.  Cull some magazines, get some laundry done.  Eat healthy, maybe make some iced coffee.  Go to the zoo with friends in the morning, and do shopping afterwards.  When the boys are napping, get my cardio exercise done, then maybe work on some Swap-Bot stuff.

Instead, I woke up after a much-interrupted night of sleep with a sore throat and a horrid cough.  I thought I'd be able to fight through it.  I managed to get the sheets changed and make both mine and the boys' beds.  I swished-and-swiped.  I got a load of laundry in the washer.  And then I had a 5 minute coughing fit, which wiped me out.  I scraped most of everything else for the day in the hopes of trying to feel better.  I did go to the store, though, so I could pick up some Nyquil and the new printer we needed.  Then I came home, ate lunch, put the boys down for a nap and settled on the couch.

However, it wasn't a complete waste of a day.  I got pork chops in the crock pot for dinner, and I set up a bunch of the swaps that I joined so I'll just have to send things out.  I feel like I accomplished something.

I hate feeling sick.  I hate having bad days when I don't get anything done.  I'm trying hard to be positive but my depression has a tendency to pull me back down.  I just keep trying to remember that tomorrow is another day and I get to start fresh in the morning.

I do have to mention a good thing, though, and that is the cuteness of Pete.  While we were walking through the store, he saw a lot of characters that he recognized.  He had to point out each one as we passed it, with that single mindedness that toddlers have.  "Doo-doo, Mommy. Doo-doo!"  "Mouse!  Mouse!" "Bungebob!" I loved it.

Now it's time to have dinner.  Then get some sleep.  I hope.  Maybe go over a few recipes for healthy eating over the next week with Rich.  If anyone has suggestions for healthy eating, feel free to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...