31 December 2010

Book Review Number 27: Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol 2



I went on a major comic reading today spree today.  This, and the next several books, were all read today.  

I probably shouldn't have picked this one up, since I'd never read Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol 1. But I was familiar with the Final Crisis storyline, which helped.  Add to that the fact that they had a good rundown of what had happened in the previous book, and I wasn't too far behind.

The Final Crisis series is dark.  Incredibly, totally and completely dark.  There aren't any funny bits throughout the story, because what is happening is literally world changing.  There are many lives that they follow, some I was familiar with and some that I wasn't.  It's kind of hard to talk about this book because of the fact that it's a part of a larger whole.  But I did enjoy it enough to have Vol 1 & 3 on request at the library.  Once I finish reading all of it, I will probably talk about them as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...