31 December 2010

Book Review Number 29: Plastic Man: Rubber Bandits



I actually picked this one up for my eldest son to read.  He's a HUGE Plastic Man fan.  And unlike Plastic Man On the Lam, this one isn't violent enough for me to want to keep him from reading it.  There isn't a real continuity to the stories, just a bunch of Plastic Man trying to wiggle his way out of some kind of trouble in the world.  It's a great bit of humor reading and opened my eyes a bit more to what Plastic Man was like.  One of the best parts, in my opinion, were the references that placed it in time.  You could tell that it was a comic written in the 2000s.  And I like things that I can point to and say "Hey, I remember that!".

It's one of the comics that you don't really need to know a lot about.  It isn't dark or historical.  It doesn't change the internal world.  It's just fun.  And we all need a bit of fun in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...