16 January 2011

Enjoying The Evening

This last week, the Davidson County Schools were closed because of snow.  While my boys are still too young for school, the PDO that they're in follows the same schedule as the county schools.  So the two days that I'd planned on having as "me" time were no longer "me" time.  And the kids were getting pretty stir-crazy too.  So tonight, Rich kept an eye on them to give me some Starbucks time.  I brought my notebook and my list of swaps that I needed to work on and went to work.  I was able to sit back and write - I had two letter swaps that I wanted to work on, plus some lists for some of the e-mail swaps that I'll be doing soon.  I sipped a Chai Latte Creme Frappachino and nibbled on a low fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake.  (Which reminds me, I want to get the recipe for my mom's cinnamon coffee cake.  I haven't had it in years and now I'm hungry for it.)

One of the swaps I was writing for was one in which I had to write a letter to someone other than your partner for the swap.  Someone from your past that you wanted to say something to without consequences.  I wrote to one of my ex's/previous best friends.  Things ended badly between us, and it's the only thing in my life I regret.  It had me fairly introspective tonight.  Luckily, it was one of the last things that I wrote, so my mind was able to wander a bit after I was finished writing it.  Now I'm just waiting for my partner to be assigned so I can send it off.

Around 9, Rich and the kids called me so the boys could wish me good night before they went to bed.  Teddy asked if we could watch Beauty and the Beast tomorrow, since they'd been watching a sing-along video of Disney songs while I was gone.  Of course, I said yes.  I'm looking forward to watching it with them. It wasn't too long after that that I realized I wasn't interested in writing much more, so I headed off to the store to pick up the milk we needed and came back home.  I'm reading Trinity, a graphic novel about Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.  I read a bit of that while Rich had his computer time, then set it down when I was able to take mine.  Now I'm just going to a few places online that I need to get to (note to self: tomorrow I need to clear out e-mail and read my Google Reader) and setting up my mental plan for tomorrow.

Though I think I'll be heading upstairs in a minute because I'm hearing a sick little boy.  Poor Teddy hasn't been feeling well most of today.  We were hoping it was gone, but I don't think we're going to be that lucky.  Time for me to go be Mommy again.