21 January 2011

Feel Good Friday, Part Deux - Feeling Good About My Week

This week hasn't been perfect.  Far from it, actually.  Teddy has been on his worst behavior more often than not, I had pulled a muscle in my leg that made me unable to do ANYTHING yesterday, and I had the kids home again today thanks to snow.  Still, I'm feeling really good about myself this week, which is an unusual occurrence of late.

Because for all the bad, there was still good.  A lot of good.  I finally took the step to get back into therapy.  I'd waited for over a month for the therapy location nearest me to call and set up an appointment for me.  I have a very serious phone phobia that keeps me from doing things that I should.  I kept promising myself that I would call if I didn't hear the next day.  And I couldn't force myself to do it.  Until this week.  Wednesday was the day that my motivation hit hard.  And while riding on the wave of that motivation, I picked up the phone and I called. I now have an appointment for therapy next Tuesday and a psych eval for Wednesday.  Apparently, I'd had an appointment on the 18th, but no one let me know.  The important thing is that I've got an appointment now that I DO know about.

I worked out on Wednesday and I cleaned on Wednesday.  I'm completely up to date on all my swaps.  I have some that I won't get my partners for until Sunday or so, but those can be done over the weekend.  I called my dad and talked to him about borrowing his stud finder so I can get things put up on the wall.  I'm taking Teddy to a study at Vanderbilt next week.  I went out with the kids to Wal-Mart today and had fun wandering around.  I took of the picture of the snow outside today so I can use it for the 2011 scrapbook that I'm creating.  I'm almost finished reading Moon Sworn.  I've been keeping track of my food and exercise on SparkPeople.  I started two groups on Swap-Bot.  I'm being productive. And I still have the rest of the weekend to be more productive and have more fun.

I hope to have more weeks like this.  More weeks of being productive and silly and having all kinds of fun.  Because, really, that's what the week should be about, shouldn't it?

Now I'm off to watch Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.  I've been wanting to see it for awhile and now's my chance to share it with my kids.  I suspect this could be one that I'll want to own someday, just based on what I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...