13 January 2011

A Quick Update for a Swap

I started a swap of YouTube playlists over on Swap-Bot.  I just sent my playlist out to my partners, so now I want to share it with my readers.  It's an interesting mix.  Below are the songs in the playlist with a little description why I chose them.




"Winter" by Tori Amos - Tori is one of my all time favorite artists. "Winter" was the first song of hers I ever heard.

"God Thinks" by Voltaire - I adore this song!  It's one that generally offends someone in every crowd because Voltaire takes all different things that groups of people have said that "God thinks" over the years and puts them together to see how ridiculous they  can sound when put together.

"I'm Alright" by Jo Dee Messina - This song always reminds me of my high school and college friends.  I've had a few conversations like  the one in this song before.

"When I Said I Do" by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black - This was my first dance song with my husband. 

"Down in the Backpack" by Bill Harley - I heard this on Pandora and thought it was one of the funniest songs ever.  It fit every backpack I ever owned.

"Suite Sister Mary" by Queensryche - This comes from Queensryche's Operation:MindCrime album.  I love the whole album but this song, with the call and answer just rocks the most.

"The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band - I remember hearing this song the first time when I was younger and it stuck with me.  It's long been one of my favorites.

"When I Fall" by Barenaked Ladies - BNL is another group that I love anything they put out.  I wanted to put "Crazy ABC" because it's so much fun but I couldn't find the video for it. "When I Fall"is a quieter song that I listen to when I'm being introspective.

"Never Go to Work" by They Might Be Giants - This is an all over fun song. And it makes me think of my band director uncle who specializes in the trumpet.

"S-E-X-X-Y" by They Might Be Giants - This is one of their older songs that I played a lot while I was dating one of my exes.

"Something in Red" by Lorrie Morgan - I had this song playing when I was in labor with my oldest son. It's become our family song.

"Love Shack" by The B52's - This song came out when I was in HS. One of my friends and I used to yell across campus to each other, "You're WHAT? Tin roof... rusted."

"Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning" by Alan Jackson - I was living and working in NYC on 09/11/01. Though I doubt I'll ever be able to do so, this song assures me that I'll never forget.

"La Vie Bohem" from Rent - Live life to its fullest, no matter what.

"I Think It's Gonna Rain Today" by Bette Midler - I love singing this song. Beaches is one of my favorite movies.

"We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel - In my AP American History class, my teacher started the year with this song.  She told us that it was more interesting to start with what we knew - and a lot of the things in this song were from our lifetime.

"What It's Like" by Everlast - I love songs that tell a story.  And the stories in this one are just heart wrenching.

"Say Good-Bye to Marlon Brando" by Elton John - I had Reg Strikes Back, the tape that this song was on and I played it until it wore out.  This was one of my favorites on the album.

"Jolene" by the White Stripes - I got to hear this one in concert.  I love the Dolly Parton version, but there's something about this one that speaks to me as well.

"Brick" by Ben Folds - I got to hear this one in concert as well. It's another story song that just hits me every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...