13 March 2011

Feel Good Friday (On Sunday)

Yep, I'm a couple days behind on my daily posts.  But, considering that it's been my birthday weekend, I'm cutting myself a little slack.  Still, I have some things I wanted to post about each of these days so I'm going to go ahead with it anyway.

For this Feel Good Friday, I'm going to post a few things that both myself and a few friends of mine never thought we'd say before having kids.  Please feel free to share your own in the comments.

One of the first that comes to mind was my something I had to say to Teddy a few months back. "We don't hit people with crucifixes."  He had taken a heavyish wooden one of Rick's and started hitting Pete with it.  He wasn't hitting hard, thinking he was just playing.  And before I thought about it, the above words came out of my mouth.

The other day, I was at my friend's house.  Her almost 3 year old had dunked his stuffed vampire into strawberry yogurt.  From her lips came the immortal, "Vampires aren't supposed to smell like strawberries."

Right after Teddy was born, he was flailing around and kicked himself in his most sensitive area.  Of course, it had him crying even more.  My husband told him (somewhat paraphrased).  "You've learned your first lesson.  If you keep flailing around like that, you'll hit yourself in the nuts."

Teddy is a huge lover of broccoli.  He'd eat it for every meal of he could.  But sometimes he eats all his broccoli and ignores everything else.  So I actually had to tell him one day, "Teddy, stop eating your broccoli and eat some of those fries!"

To Pete, I regularly have to say, "No, you DON'T need to jump on your brother."  He's my little scrapper.

Or else, "Sweetheart, you've got to take your clothes off before you get into the bath."  And, of course, "Bubbie, please don't eat your friends."  Sometimes he has a habit of putting his toys in his mouth.

I'm going to end with one of my favorite Teddy stories.  I don't have exact quotes, but it brings to mind the silliness of my kids and why I love them.  One day, when we were watching TV, Teddy's peepee was hanging out.  When I told him to put it back, that peepees shouldn't be out of pants while watching TV, he informed me that his peepee liked X-Men and so did his butt.  His peepee's favorite show, however, was Phineas and Ferb.  He was 4 at the time, and the whole conversation cracked me up.  My boy definitely has an imagination.

So come on, parents out there!  Give!  What are some of the doozies that you've had to say to your kids or that your kids have come up with on their own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...