31 March 2011

Thankful Thursday

Every week, I try to take a look at the things that I am thankful for.  There are quite a few in my life, even if I don't always realize it.  So on Thursdays, I try to take a look at my life and find several things that I can consider myself thankful for.

I am thankful that I have a good roof over my head and I don't expect that to change any time soon, if ever.  My apartment has enough room for all of us (though with the amount of "stuff", it sometimes doesn't feel that way).  We have working heat, A/C and water.  We all have beds that are comfortable.  We have places to sit and eat our dinner.  We have a complex that is quick to fix problems.  We're pretty lucky.

I am thankful that I run into the problem of too much to do rather than too little.  It means I'm keeping busy and it keeps me from letting my depression get the better of me.  It allows me to stretch my creativity in ways that I never expected.

I am thankful for Wall 100 Miles with the Mayor.  It gives me an excuse to get out of the house and walk, and to check out the beautiful parks and green ways of Nashville.  It starts on Saturday, and it's something that I'm really excited about.

I am thankful for the wonderful library system here in Nashville.  My family and I can get books, graphic novels, audio books, CDs, DVDs, download audio books, e-books and music.  We get to meet wonderful people through the library system - other patrons and fantastic staff members.  We get to go to wonderful presentations at the library from musical artists, puppet theaters, ballet companies and a host of other groups.  We're truly lucky to have such a great free resource at our disposal.

And (semi-tongue in cheek) I'm thankful that it's bedtime for my boys and I have almost 2 hours before my husband gets home for some "me" time.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely post, I love the idea of writing a post of things you are thankful for, might have to do one myself!

    ReplyDelete

Joining in the insanity...