20 April 2011

M is for.... Music, A to Z Challenge (Bonus Post)


As I was posting my Monday post previously, it dawned on me that there's a better M post.  Well, a sort of post.  Because I love music as much as I love books.  I've been singing most of my life - my family tells stories of how I used to sing "Baby Face" when I was a kid.  My aunt wanted me to sing "Here Comes the Bride" at her wedding when I was 5.  I was in chorus for as long as I could do so.  I sang solos.  I sang duets. I love to sing.  I keep wishing that I could join a chorus now, but there's too much going on for me to do so.

Since I don't have any video of me singing (though it's something I hope to do someday soon, if I can ever figure out the built in webcam on the netbook), I'm going to post a few of my favorites to, hopefully, give you a taste of the music I love.


This fits me so well. I love it because of that.


One of my favorite quotes comes from this song - First let's just unzip your religion down.


This is one of the songs I listen to when I'm having a really, really, REALLY bad day.


When I was in High School, my friend Becky and I used to see each other across the quad and yell out, "You're WHAT? Tin Roof... Rusted". Memories.


I love Capitol Steps. They help me laugh when I need it.


Phineas and Ferb has some of the best music on television today.  Teddy and I sing this together in the car all the time.


Music.  It helps soothe the soul.