10 June 2011

Saturday Nine

Coming in a little early for the Saturday 9.  It should be my last one for today.  I hope you join me today for the




Saturday 9: The Remedy (I Won't Worry)

1. What's the remedy for you to stop worrying? Usually thinking about something else.  If I can get myself to focus on something that isn't whatever my biggest worry is, then I can put it aside (at least for a little while).
2. What is your favorite summertime beverage? Fruit tea.  I love the melding of flavors of different fruits and the sweet tea.
3. Do you use any freeware on your computer? If yes, do tell. I used to have a lot of freeware, but I've recently changed computers.  I don't remember what most of it is any more.  I do use a lot of add-ons for Google Chrome, though.  My favorites of those would have to be FeedSquares and Timer. FeedSquares is how I keep up with all of my blogs, and Timer is what tells me to get my butt off the computer.  In this day of online free sites (like Google Docs, Google Calendar, Mint.com) and extensions for browswers, there isn't as much freeware that's crossing my desk anymore.
4. What is one thing about your home that has to be just so or it drives you crazy when it comes to organization? The doors to the cabinets have to be closed.  It drives me insane to come into a room and see cabinet doors hanging open.  It doesn't matter if the things showing are neat or messy, I hate having open cabinet doors.
5. Is there a specific subject you're especially curious about? A person? A region of the world? An animal? A field of study? The answer to this changes regularly.  Often, it's something that either interests me because of a game that I'm playing or because I found it in a book that I'm reading.  I'm still pretty interested in Jack the Ripper, though I don't study the cases quite as much as I used to.
6. What do you consider your most interesting trait? My ability to give decent advice.  I may not be able to follow it myself, no matter how hard I try.  But I do manage to know how to phrase things to let someone else know a path they should follow.
7. What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life? Anything that flies.  Birds.  Insects.  You name it, if it has wings, it scares me to death.  I don't mind them if they're on the other side of a glass or in a cage, but when they can fly at me, I freeze.  I can't think of anything that happened to me to make me afraid of flying things - though I know my mom and my uncle are both afraid of them.  It's just this weird quirk that sometimes drives my husband nuts when I'm freaking out about a housefly.
8. Who do you want to yell at to “get a grip!”? Myself.  I worry too much about things and have a tendency to work myself up too much.  I need to learn to let go and relax because nothing good is going to come from over thinking things.
9. What do you wear to particularly look great for a party or event? A little make-up (it's about the only time that I do), this black-knit dress that I have, black pantyhose (the ONLY time I wear those) and these cute black ankle boots.  I look pretty darned good in it, if I do say so myself.