04 July 2011

Book Reviews coming... and there will be a lot

I found myself a bit annoyed tonight.  I have a swap due Wednesday, the quarterly book review swap.  I take a lot of pride in the package that I send out to my partners, because I actually make a book out of it.  But with everything going on in my life, I haven't been able to actually sit down and write these reviews.  I have, according to my Goodreads report, 33 books that I need to write reviews for.  *urp*  I had actually written up the reviews of 15 of these books while Rich was in surgery on the 21st.  I didn't have computer access, but I had printed out all of the books I needed to review and started typing away.  And, being the smart me that I can be, I'd saved it to my thumb drive so I could continue them on the desktop when I was at home.

Tonight was the first chance I had to get back to it. (Me procrastinate much?  Never!) And when I went to put my thumb drive into the computer, I found that it was broken and unreadable.  So I'm having to redo all of my reviews.  Of course, I also didn't find this out until around 9:30 tonight, because I was busy having too much fun with my family playing Gauntlet on the GameCube with my husband and my nephew.  Yeah... my own damn fault.

I've got a few of the reviews queued up to post tomorrow morning.  And the rest I'll be writing throughout the day tomorrow.  I should be cleaning, I know.  But this is a little more time sensitive.  And, honestly, writing these reviews will be like visiting old friends.  There are few, if any, of these books that I didn't enjoy when I read them originally.  And reading the synopsis on Amazon is usually enough to remind me of what I loved and what I didn't about each book.

I counted up the reviews I've done and those that I've left to do and I find that I'm only 2 books away from my goal of reading 100 within a year - and this is with 3 months still left to go.  I'm not amending my goal, but am curious if I'll reach closer to 150 within a year.  It will be interesting to see just how many books I can read in a year's time.