04 August 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 8 Fears


  1. Heights.  But it's a weird afraid of heights.  Being in an airplane is fine, because it's almost surreal.  Being in a tall building is fine as long as I look out instead of down.  But I get pretty panicked if I have to look down from a tall height.
  2. Flying things. Birds, insects, you name it.  If it flies, it freaks me out.
  3. Something bad happening to Rich or the boys.  I don't know what I'd do in that instance.
  4. My father's death.  He's been in bad health for a long time.  But I'm a Daddy's girl.  Always have been.  And he could be here for 20 more years, or 2.  I don't want to lose him.
  5. Spiraling down into the farthest depths of depression.  I've been pretty low.  There isn't much lower that I can go.  But it scares me that someday, I will.
  6. Painful death.  Death in and of itself doesn't scare me.  I have my beliefs about what will happen after that death, but I don't want it to hurt.  That just gives me the shudders.
  7. Dementia.  My step-mom was a care-unit coordinator for an Alzheimer's unit when I was in high school.  I still remember many of the patients, moving between being clear about who they were and falling back to a time they didn't remember their own children.  I don't want to be that person.
  8. Spiders and snakes.  They aren't as bad as flying things, but they're still creepy crawlies that can bite!