Today, the list I have for you involve
The Best Days of My Life
- The day that Paul (my first love - and I wrote an entry about him for a writing competition that I regular take part in) admitted that he loved me too. It was the first time I truly felt love from someone outside my family.
- My graduation from High School. While I never had any doubts that I'd be able to graduate, the fact that my high school career was over, and I'd be stepping forward into a new phase of my life was really uplifting.
- My wedding day. It rained. I fell. They played the one song that I'd specifically requested them not to play. ("The Chicken Dance". Hate that song.) But you know what? At the end of it, I was married to the man I loved, surrounded by some of my best friends and happier than I thought I could ever be. It was fantastic.
- The day I found out I was pregnant with Teddy. We were trying/not trying, thinking it would take longer for me to get pregnant after I got off birth control. Wrong. And seeing those two lines on the stick... it was the best.
- When we found out that we were having Teddy rather than Catherine (our girl name choice). I'd always wanted a little boy to name after my father. And inside my tummy was that little boy.
- The day Teddy was born. It was a long day and, by the end, I was pretty drugged up. But my baby was out, breathing air. And soon, he was snuggled close to me as well.
- When Peter was born. While finding out I was pregnant was scary (we weren't sure if I was early pregnancy or if I'd miscarried), and the day that we found out we were having a boy was sad (we'd just found out Rich's grandfather passed away), this day was perfect.
- Today. I may not look back later and say that it was, but it really has been a fantastic day. Teddy hasn't argued about things with me. He's helped his brother. He helped me without me needing to goad him into it. We played Gauntlet together. It was just a great day. And I think tomorrow may qualify as well. After all, it's a blank slate and I can make it into anything I want.