20 August 2011

Trying to fight the blahs

I'm not sure what's causing it this week, but I've had a serious case of the blahs.  I haven't wanted to update my blog (as you can see by the fact that I haven't updated since Monday), haven't wanted to write my game posts (for which I'm sure Paul's ready to have my head), been putting Swap-Bot things off to the last minute (which has me stressed by the time I do it), haven't been rating for the swaps that I've received (which is driving the people that sent them crazy), barely been getting the house cleaned (which, again, is causing me stress) and feeling like a complete and utter laze-about.  The only thing I have been doing - and quite a lot of it - is reading.  I finished 5 books in the last week.  (Reviews will be coming.  Promise.)  I have three more going right now.  I've been playing a bit on Facebook and Google +, but even that's leaving me dissatisfied.

I'm sure some of it is the school situation.  Teddy is now out of the house every day, from 7:15 until around 3:45.  It's not something I'm used to.  And Pete started PDO back on Friday.  Throughout the week earlier, I was trying to find things to do with him so he wasn't quite as lonely without his big brother.  But even when he was napping, I napped rather than did things that I felt should have been done.  Rich isn't kicking me for it - of course.  He's a good husband who puts far less on my shoulders than I put on my own.  But I'm kicking me for it.

I'm hoping it's just a brief phase, as I adjust to the changes going on around me.  I have to be aware of the time daily, so I can make sure that I pick Teddy up on time.  I have to be up earlier so I can bring Teddy to the bus stop.  I have to get used to having just Pete to deal with (who is a whirling dervish of his own).  I'm bad with trying to figure out change.  It's not that I don't like it.  It's just that it takes me awhile to adjust to a new normal.

Tomorrow, I have a few hours on my own.  Some of it will be doing online things, like updating my blog, doing my book reviews, writing game posts and taking care of Swap stuff.  Some of it will be cleaning my boys' room, since I need to go through all their toys and throw away the broken ones/give away the ones they don't play with any more.  But much of it will be just enjoying the time on my own.  That, I think, is important. Now that religious education classes have started back up at the church, I will have my alone time for awhile. A time when I don't have to worry about picking anyone up or dropping them off.  A time that is wholly my own.