11 September 2011

Review: Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files


Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files
Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is a compilation of a lot of Butcher's short stories in his Dresden world. I'd read a couple of them before - particularly "It's My Birthday, Too" and "Day Off". Those were a great re-read for me, as I'd enjoyed both stories before. The ones that were new to me were also fantastic. I've gotten pretty far behind in my Dresden reading (really gotta fix that when I slow down on some of the other reading that I've been doing), so I found a few surprises.

He also included a new story, this one told from Murphy's point of view, taking a few hours after Changes. Not having read Changes, it was a big shocker for me. But the way it was written, and the view into Murphy's mind, was wonderful.

If you're a fan of the Dresden files, you won't want to miss this one.



View all my reviews