06 November 2011

Trying to Find the Time

Yep.  Still not updating regularly.  Bad Amber.

I'm alive, which is good.  I'm busy, which may be good.  I'm still trying to organize my life and my thoughts to do the things that I want to do.  Little bit at a time, I guess.

I've actually been doing fairly good at the whole cleaning thing.  I started last week and have been doing a deep cleaning of the apartment.  It's taken 3 days to do the living room so at this rate, it may be the new year before I'm finished.  But the important thing is that I'm getting it done.  Thank the Gods for audio books, though.  That's what's helping keep me going.    This weekend has undone some of what I'd done last week, but it shouldn't take me as long to get that part to rights tomorrow before diving back in and continuing to work.

I've started a series of swaps over on Swap-Bot that are helping me keep up with my book reviews.  It's a weekly book review that we're sharing by e-mail.  I do my reviews on my Goodreads, which gets posted to my book review blog, Views from the Reader Side and then I copy them into my e-mail.  I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of listening to audio books, so please feel free to come on over to one or both places and add it to your reading list.

I got a bit of good news this week that I hadn't expected, mainly because I haven't been paying attention.  We finally paid off our van!  I suspected that the time was coming for it to be paid off, but the last few months have been insane so things haven't been on my radar as much as they should have been.  But when Rich went to pay the latest amount, he was told that was the last payment we'd need to make.  They'll be sending us the info for getting our title in our name.  We finally have another asset!  Woo-hoo!

I've got so many pictures I need to upload and post here.  I've got a ton of Halloween pictures.  The boys went as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and Pikachu (both from Pokemon).  I need to switch back over to my side of the computer (I've been on my husband's for awhile) so I can upload them more easily to my Picasa account.  Look for them soon, though.

Life is about to get even busier, thanks to job situations.  Classes have started picking up for Rich at University of Phoenix - he's been teaching one on Thursday nights for the last three weeks and starts another on Tuesdays nights this week - and his tutoring has picked up as well.  He's gone almost every night and does some tutoring on Saturdays as well.  Luckily, he tutors at our local library on Saturday, so we go as a family to the library and while he's tutoring, the boys play outside on the library's front lawn while I watch them and read.  It does mean, however, that I'm having to step-up on the cooking end of things.  I hate cooking!  So if anyone has ideas of easy things to make that the kids might enjoy, please pass them my way!

For now, I'd better get my butt in gear. Rich and the boys are at church and I have a bit of shopping I want to do while they're gone.  So I'd better get out of the house or they'll be back before I am!  Hope everyone's having a great weekend!  Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...