31 August 2012

Back with the Five Question Friday!


It's been awhile since I've done... well, much of anything.  It feels good to get back to some of my old favorite memes, sharing things I probably wouldn't even think to talk about otherwise.  Today sees my return to Five Question Friday, hosted by Mama M over at My Little Life.  Feel free to join along with the weekly questions.  Just follow the link and add your blog post to the list.

Now, for some answers.


  1. What do you enjoy doing the most with your spouse?

    This will probably sound weird, but playing a computer game together. I don't mean something like both of us raiding on WoW from our separate computers, but both of us sitting in front of the same computer, working on a hidden object game. One of us will have the "controls" (keyboard and mouse) and the other will point out objects, help solve puzzles... whatever we can find that works. It's a relaxing time for us (most of the time) and it's sharing something together.
  2. How do you eat your taco? From the top or from the side?



    From the side, of course. Top down means that I wouldn't get all the flavors mixed together the same way I do when eating it from the side.


  3. Have you ever shut off the basement light and ran like a fool because you knew someone was down there and would get you?

    No, but only because I've never lived in a house with a basement. In NY, we lived in a trailer and in Florida, they don't have basements because the ground isn't right for them. From the time I left college, I've always lived in apartments where I didn't control the lights. All that being said, if I DID have a basement, I can totally see myself doing this.


  4. If you could change one thing about you what would it be and why?



    This is an easy question. I would get rid of my depression. I've been fighting it for more than 20 years and I'm tired of fighting it. I hate the mornings when I can barely force myself out of bed, when I can't even force myself to deal with my boys. I hate feeling like things are never going to get better and that I'm a useless lump of nothing. I want to feel good about myself more often than not, to not feel anxious about everything all the time. I just want to be "normal".


  5. What age do you think is appropriate to have the "bird and the bees" talk with your children?



    It depends on the kids in question. With Teddy, I suspect it will be soon because he's so curious and he's been asking some questions. With Pete... who knows. But what I'm trying to use as my guide is when they ask questions, answering them honestly. I want my kids to know they can come to me with questions. Though, to be honest, there have been a few questions where I've punted them to Daddy because I just don't know the best way to answer a 6 year old boy. :)