26 September 2012

Monday Quiz About Me

Acting Balanced

I'm a couple days late on this one, but I'm hoping that by regularly participating in this meme, you'll find out even more about me!

On with the questions!


1. What room in the house do you try your hardest to keep clean?

I really have to try hard with all of them.  But lately, it's been the living room.  This is the first place people see when they come to my house... even if they're just delivery people dropping off a package or yummy, yummy food, they can see inside to my living room.  And I don't need it to be perfect - I have two boys.  Perfect isn't in my vocabulary.  But if I can keep most of the things off the floor and the carpet cleaned, I'm feeling like I've accomplished a lot.

2. How do you describe your blog to someone you just met?

It's a little bit of this, a little bit of that and some of the other.  I just post what feels right at the time.  Though often, my posts are driven by various memes.  Oh.  And I really need to work on updating a few things, so please don't hold that against me!

3. What was your lie from last week? (If you didn't play, What was your favorite cartoon you watched as a kid?)

Since I didn't participate last week, I get to talk about my favorite cartoon.  That would be Dungeons and Dragons.  I didn't role-play as a kid (that didn't happen until college), but the story of these kids that rode a roller coaster and ended up in a world of sword and sorcery just drew me in.  Loved it!

Here's the intro:



I always loved Presto.  But I had a thing for geeks even then.

4. What is your favorite kind of salad? (post a recipe if you got one)

I like a simple spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  I've never been much of a salad eater, but this I can eat.

Bonus Question 5: What was the high point of your weekend?

We had a weekend packed full because Nonni and Pop  were in town for Pete's birthday, so there were a lot to choose from.  But if I had to pick just one, it would be watching Pete play Pokemon with Rich at League.  It was a 20 card starter deck, but it was the first steps to letting him play regularly with Teddy and anyone else at League that catches his attention.  He loved it and I loved sitting back, watching it.