12 January 2013

Six Word Saturday


What a difference a year makes

As I wrote earlier today, I've changed a lot over the last year.  It wasn't until I started writing out the blog post that I realized just how much I had changed, and it wasn't until the end of the post that I realized that the changes weren't just psychological.  As I was putting up pictures of me a year ago vs me this year, I noticed something that I thought was a fluke.  I look thinner.

At first, I thought it was just the picture that I'd chosen of myself.  I was making a silly face, sticking my tongue out.  I'd pulled a long face so of course I looked thinner.  After I posted the blog entry, I went back into my Picasa to look at some of the other pictures.  And yes, it wasn't a fluke.  I can't really tell the difference in my body, but I suspect that has more to do with my penchant for baggy clothes (though part of the bagginess does come from losing the weight).  But in my face... in my face, I can see it and it was something I hadn't expected.

So a year has made a difference in a lot of things - both inside and out.  And I certainly can't complain about any of it.