04 August 2011

Why I Started my Blog


and


Things I Can't Say

are asking the question: Why did you start your blog?  

And you know me.  I like to talk about things and link up places and promote other great blogs.  And I like to write things that make me think a little.

This one is really making me think because I'm not sure why I started this blog.  It's not the first one I started. That was a blog about Teddy growing.  I dropped away from it, getting into LJ a bit more.  Then I started a blog for my 101 in 1001 goals.  I (far too often) start things that I don't finish.  And that's what happened there.  But Sanity's Overrated.... that's a bit more difficult.

A lot of it, I think, may have been because I had started drifting away from Livejournal and connecting more with people on Facebook.  But Facebook doesn't give me the opportunity to write the way that I want to.  I needed a place to write regularly.

Around the same time, there was a Blogger swap on Swap-Bot.  I thought it would be a good time to actually start this blog.  I didn't know what it was going to be.  I knew that I'd write, but what would I write about?  The boys and my life? Probably.  The book reviews?  I hadn't expected those.  My swap-bot stuff?  Not a bad idea, especially with Blogger swaps.  But what Sanity's Overrated would actually be... well, I think I'm still trying to figure that out.  Like myself, it continues to grow and change.

It's become a living thing, and that is something I'm grateful for.