28 September 2012

Five Question Friday


I'm back again with another of my old favorites, the Five Question Friday hosted by Mama M at My Little Life.  She gets great suggestions from other bloggers and puts them, along with the nifty graphic above and a neat linky on the page, up for anyone that feels like answering to add their two pennies in.

So now it's time for my answers.


1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly? Generally, I prefer to drive.  Yes, it takes longer, but it usually costs less for the four of us and we get a chance to see new and different things that we wouldn't have been able to if we'd flown.  Granted, our vacation spot for the past several years has been the same (visiting family in the North East) but we always seem to stop somewhere different for lunch or for gas or even for the night.

2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why? This is a tough one.  I like Nashville, as we've got a lot of friends, the people are (generally) friendly, and the cost of living is a lot less. Plus, my dad lives near here and it means we get to spend quality time with him.  But there are times when I'd love to move back to the northeast - Philly, northern New Jersey, that general area, because of the family and friends there, plus the large number of universities where Rich might be able to get a job.  From a pure beauty standpoint, though, I'd love to live in Montana.  I've been there once to visit and I fell in love with it.  It is truly the most beautiful land I've ever seen in my life.

3. Should grown women wear leggings? If they feel comfortable in them, then why not?  But I feel like that about any clothes - it doesn't matter what the world at large thinks of you in them, it matters how you feel when you wear them.

4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be? When I was a kid, I wanted to change my name to anything other than Amber.  As I said in the Friday Fill-In earlier today, I was teased mercilessly because of my name. And I wanted to be someone, anyone other than Amber.  But now, I'm actually happy with it.  It is who I am and it fits me.  Though, to be honest, I still love the name Anastasia and, if I were forced to change my name, that would be the name I'd choose.

5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to? At the moment, I only have a subscription to Parents.  I rarely read the print version anymore, though.  My Kindle is wonderful for that.  I did have subscriptions to a few comics - Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Doctor Who, Charmed, Adventure Time (for the kids) and a few others, but I cut most of those down to nothing to save money.  When I have the money to get a new subscription to something, though, it's going to be the digital version of Real Simple.  I love this magazine and wish I could afford to get it monthly!