28 January 2013

Monday Quiz About Me

Acting Balanced

Once again, I'm joining Wayne and Heather for this week's Monday Quiz About Me.  Feel free to grab the four questions they provide and add a fifth of your own!  It's always a lot of fun!

  1. On a long road trip do you prefer to be the driver or a passenger? Or do you prefer to travel a different way all together? I actually prefer to be the driver, and it's usually the way it goes when we travel from Tennessee to visit our family in NJ and NY.  Part of it is that I get motion sick - and it's not nearly as bad when I'm driving as it is when I'm the passenger.  I also generally drive further than Rich seems to without needing to stop.  (He's not as comfortable with the long distance driving as I am.)  Finally, I've got short arms and two boys that regularly drop things on our trip.  It's a whole lot easier for Rich to reach things as the passenger than it is for me when I'm the passenger!
  2. Do you use a slow cooker? Favorite thing to make? I love my slow cooker.  It means that I don't have to spend long periods of time cooking at the stove.  And my favorite recipe, far and away, would be crock-pot lasagna.  (You can find the recipe in the first comment here).
  3. Which type of festival would you rather go to... Wine and Food, Music or Sports? If I had to choose one of those, it would be music.  I love to hear different bands, different music, and just let my soul soar.  (Weird, then, isn't it, that I live in Nashville where there are at least two music festivals every year and I've NEVER BEEN.)  If I can go outside the box a bit though, my favorite would be a gaming or sci-fi convention.  I used to go to both with semi-regularity, but parenting has made that not happen as much as I'd like.
  4. What is your favorite fallacy? It took me a little digging to decide.  I couldn't really think of any off the top of my head, though I KNEW that I should should be able to.  So I did a quick search and realized that my favorite is one that is used by far too many people without strong arguments - the slippery slope.  It amuses me to hear people that saying one thing will automatically lead to another is a good reason why we shouldn't allow X.  We can't allow homosexuals to marriage because, obviously, it's going to lead to people wanting to marry their dogs. Or we can't let women serve on the front lines in the military because it is going to mean that, obviously, we're now going to let anyone, regardless of their physical condition, do the same.  I just shake my head when I see such arguments and chuckle to myself because it seems as though the person is, more often than not, being reactionary rather than really thinking things through.
And now for my question.

  1. I was chosen this week to be the spotlight dancer for Monday's Music Moves Me. Along with my blog being spotlighted, I also get a chance to choose a future theme.  I've got a few ideas myself, but I'm curious - if you were given the chance to choose a theme, what would you choose? Right now, I'm tossing up between "Favorite songs from three different generes" and "Get Your Geek On" - Choosing songs that show off whatever you're geeky about.  (Expect lots of songs from my geekery mix there!)
Can't wait to see what you'll be bringing to the party!