01 April 2013

Can't Stop the Signal, Take 2

I actually tried to post this last night, but Blogger and Chrome weren't talking to each other well and every time I tried to publish, Blogger refused to save.  It took a restart of the computer and a deletion of my cache and cookies to get myself back on track.  My A is for Amber post seemed to come out well, though, so I'm hopeful that this one will as well

I hadn't realized that I'd been gone from my blog for almost 2 months.  I knew that I'd gotten busy and that it had been put on the back burner but two months.... well, I guess it's better than the 9 months that my last hiatus lasted!  And as I was thinking about it last night, I realized just how much had happened.

Over the last two months, I've:


  • Mourned my aunt
  • Celebrated Teddy's 7th birthday.
  • Went on the first field trip of the year (for me) with his class
  • Attended the Mother/Son Dance at Teddy's school
  • Celebrated my 39th birthday
  • Got a sewing machine for my birthday and am still trying to figure out how to use it.
  • Tried to find the magic item that would make Pete behave at PDO
  • Possibly found the magic item that would make Pete behave at PDO
  • Dealt with spiraling depression
  • Cleaned... a lot.
  • Cleaned out my linen closet and ended up with three bags of things to go to Goodwill
  • Tried to figure out what to do with my kids for the two weeks of Spring Break that would leave me with my sanity intact by the end of it.
  • Took the kids to Chuck E Cheese.
  • Attended Tennessee States Pokemon Championship to watch Rich and Teddy battle.
  • Took Pete to 2 Easter Egg hunts and Teddy to 1.
  • Tried to figure out what I wanted to do for Easter.
  • Nursed sick family members in the house.
  • Watched my friend's youngest son while she was busy having her youngest daughter (and she's a cutie!)
  • Baked a little. (Though the lemon meringue pie I made for Easter didn't really come out too good.)
  • Read a lot, though I haven't been good about keeping track of what I've read.
  • Played on the Wii - sometimes with the boys (Super Smash Bros Brawl) and sometimes by myself (NCIS).
  • Slept.
  • Had Easter at my house, with my Dad driving down to spend the day with us.
  • Took apart my dryer on Easter Sunday (with my Dad's help) to fix a five dollar part that was a PITA to replace.
  • Tried to avoid feeling guilty about what I wasn't doing, but not succeeding very well.
So many things went by the wayside over the last couple of months - I stopped doing my week planning, and stopped doing my daily challenges.  I stopped updating much of anything.  I stopped doing SparkPeople and stopped exercising like I knew I should.  I stopped caring.

Somehow, though, knowing that the kids were starting back to school today (ok.... Teddy started back today.  Pete isn't back until tomorrow) was like a light at the end of the tunnel. I could see myself getting back on track.  I knew that I could start feeling like life was back to normal.  So yesterday, I wrote out my weekly schedule, including the meal planning for the week.  I didn't have my calendar in front of me as I usually do, but it doesn't look like I missed anything.  I wrote out a weeks worth of challenges to do so I can get back to my Daily Challenges.  I'm starting to feel more in control of things and it feels good.

So you should see me back here fairly regularly again.  I'm hoping to start back with some of the memes that I used to regularly enjoy, as well as posting every day for the A to Z Challenge.  Those of you who've stuck around, thank you.  It really does mean the world to me to have you here!

In the mean time, here are a couple of pics from the last couple of months.

Multi-taskin' Mama!

The boys, showing off the eggs they searched for in the house.

Super Strong Teddy!

My award-winning Kid in the Hat!