26 January 2013

Daily Challenge - What Makes Me Strong

So, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.  Will I be back every day?  Time will tell.  But I'm starting to get a feel, once again, for what is working for me and what isn't.  It's a process, you know?

Anyway, here I am, back with my Daily Challenge.  If you remember back on Monday, I told you that my next challenge would be

Write About What Makes Me Strong

Well, I didn't get to it Tuesday - partly because Tuesday was a day in which I wasn't feeling particularly strong.  And the rest of the week.... well, that all went kind of out the window.  But tonight, I'm feeling very strong and feeling like telling my readers about it.

There are a lot of days, like Tuesday, when I don't feel strong.  I'm convinced that I'm going to break under the strain of day to day life, that I can't face the world as it's revolving around me.  But then someone or something will happen that bolsters me, that reminds me that I'm a lot stronger than I think.

I'm so incredibly lucky to have the friends that I do, both near and far.  I've been lucky, through the years, to have met a lot of people that have been almost like family to me.  They are the ones that I know will be there if I need a shoulder to cry on, or a hand "burying the body", as it were.  Mostly, I get the support from them online - through Facebook, when I post about a particularly bad day or in e-mail when they want to make sure I'm doing ok.  Some of them will even give me a call when they know, instinctively, that I need to hear their voice.  They help remind me that I've got strength inside, even when I don't see it myself.

The readers of my blog have also helped remind me, particularly lately, that I can do it.  If you've been reading about my troubles with Pete lately, then you'll know the frustration I've been dealing with.  My readers have come in and helped remind me that I'm not alone in what I'm dealing with.  They've reminded me, sometimes through their own examples, of the fact that I'll make it through this just as well as I've made it through everything else.  And I'm grateful for every one of you.

My family is probably the biggest item in my strength arsenal.  And I don't just mean Rich and the boys, but my parents, my sister and my in-laws as well.  My dad calls me several times a week, often just to let me know that he's there, sometimes to listen as I pour out my latest frustrations.  I'm Daddy's girl, and he continues to let me be so.  My mom, while I don't talk to as often, is always a phone call away if I need her. As is my sister, and my in-laws.  Every single one of them supports me when things are going rough, and are there to cheer with me with things are going well.

And, of course, Rich, the boys and even Lemon, our cat, are the biggest things that make me strong. The hugs, the love, the surprise, "I love you, Mommy", or the snuggles from my cat, remind me why I do the things I do.  They remind me why I get up in the morning, why I try to keep the house neat, why I do whatever I have to no matter how much it hurts.  All four of them are the reason that, even in my deepest, darkest days, I still manage to get out of bed in the morning and soldier on.  They are my strength.



Tomorrow, I may actually be doing two challenges, though I know I'll only be writing one of them up tomorrow.  One of the things that I've been wanting to do for awhile - promising my husband, actually - is to play one of our role-playing games with him.  So tomorrow night, after the kids are in bed, we're going to sit down for a couple hours and play.  I won't have a chance to write that one up until Monday.  However, one I WILL plan on writing up for tomorrow involves chores.  So here are my two challenges:

Play Burning Wheel with Rich

Write Out a Daily Chore List for Everyone

I was hoping to get some memes done tonight as well, but as it's 11pm and I have blood donation tomorrow, I'm thinking that I should head to bed instead.  Tomorrow, be on the look out (hopefully) for some posts from me!