13 September 2021

Monday Musings - 18 Years


 

This is going to be a shorter musing than usual.  18 years ago today, I spent the morning trying to keep the rain from messing up my newly styled hair and well done make-up.  I spent several hours trying to get myself into my beautiful white dress without messing anything up, laughing with my best friends as they got into their own green dresses.  My friend Kris ran next door to David's to grab some thread that matched their dresses so he could fix someone's button.  My girls got into a limo while my dad and I got into my friend Sal's Caddy.  We made our way to St. Mary's Catholic Church, and I walked in with an umbrella over my head.  Within a couple hours, the rain had slowed and Rich and I were married.  It was one of the best days of my life.


Rather than typing out long memories, here are some snapshot memories instead:


  • Father John reading directly from my message about why I loved Rich, the world now knowing "honey bunny" and "snuggle bunny".
  • Dave singing.
  • Losing my garter in front of the altar.
  • Kris stepping on my gown as we were going out for pictures, ending up with me laughing on my behind.
  • Driving to the reception in Sal's Caddy, still gobsmacked to be married.
  • Kris and Tara running in with stuffed bunnies that looked like a bride and groom ("Where do you keep your bunnies?!")
  • Our first dance to "When I Said I Do"
  • My sister getting a dance with Dad since he missed her wedding
  • Not eating much but drinking a lot
  • Seeing friends that I hadn't seen in years. 
  • A great picture of the SDMB group.
  • Roses, tulle and condoms all over our bed thanks to Carm and Cheyenne
  • A day that was perfect not because it went exactly as I wanted it to (it didn't) but because it was the beginning of 18 years that brought us from Philly to Nashville and bought two children into our lives.
I'm hoping that we have another 18 years and more to us.

The happy couple, so much younger


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...