01 September 2021

Working Wednesday - September BuJo Layout

 


I'm sorry that I missed posting yesterday.  It was... one of those days.  I'm planning on typing up my week's worth of posts over the weekend in the hopes that maybe, just MAYBE, I'll be able to have a full week's worth of posts the way I'd like.


Anyway, I am here today and I'm ready to show off the September BuJo spread that I've been working on.  I got a new set of dual-tip pens that I used to do some of the writing.  Next year, I'm thinking of making my BuJo more of a planner and less of an "everything" journal, partly because I want to use more of the stickers that I've got.   As I make more decisions and do more creation, I'll be sure to post it here!


          

This is my "Month in Review" pages.  I decided to change up the raw number pages because I've found that I've been giving myself a lot of room for numbers and end up not needing them.  I used a stencil that had the tags for a a pie chart.  The tags with the circles seemed to be perfect for what I wanted.  My "What I've..." is standard for most of the months already.


I was trying to think of something that said "September" for my September Mood Tracker and saw a leaf tracker someone else had used.  I hand drew this one and used the same colors that I'd been using for my moods as months past.  I'm really hoping that I will end up with an interesting, happy looking leaf by the end of the month.


I started using this layout a couple of months ago for my habit tracking.  It's not too difficult to draw - straight edges do most of the work.  And the bottom gives me the room to keep track of my sleep, energy and stress levels, along with the number of steps I've taken each day.  Over all, it helps keep me on track for the month, and able to count things up more easily for my raw numbers at the end of the month.


I decided to make a month calendar this time around.  I don't usually do so - I have my regular planner and that gives me more room to write things in.  But this one, I figured I'd just color code for things that I had upcoming without any information.  We've got Rich and my Anniversary and Pete's birthday this month, plus several doctor's appointments and some days where school is closed.  It will make things much easier to look at in the long run.


This picture isn't from my BuJo but from my planner.  I use a Clever Fox planner to keep me up to date each week.  I've found the note section a good place to use many of my stickers.  Usually I'll use one like a writing prompt and write down things that relate to it.  This week, I decided that I was going to go all stickers.  So I'm trying to make this week about getting off my ass, not failing and knowing that the only limits that I have are the ones  that I impose on myself.  And so far, so good.


          

I rarely post pictures at the end of the month for how things look once they've been colored in, so I thought I'd share a picture for near the end of the August's mood and habit trackers.  As you can see, I had a difficult time keeping on top of things near the beginning and the middle of the month, partly because of the sick that plagued me in the middle of the month.  But I've had several days that were fairly productive.  And I decided that making a stacked bar graph for my sleep/stress/energy was easier than a line graph.  It's easier to see some of it without crossing lines or having two meeting at the same level.  I'm proud enough of it to keep using this month too.

So that's my layout for September, along with a look at my end of August.  Let me know if any of my layouts inspire you.  I get my inspiration from others, so I'm hoping I can do the same for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...